Skip to main content

Fifty-five Days and Counting

Dear Reader
I've chosen Miss Alice's moves at St Paul's from last tour to represent how it feels right now. We are now in the home straight. The home straight to departure, that is. 55 days. Fifty-five days in words. LV days in Roman numerals. We are a long way from the home straight of tour itself. I am grateful for so many things at present. For Annabel and Geoff, who are organising the hard bits. That is, the accommodation, coach, transfers, airlines and all such really important things. I am a details person, but they are dealing with the stuff that matters. Thanks you two. I am so grateful for you. For Leonie, who will decide what we will sing. Please can we have some nice Alto bits? Just a hint, our favourite note is NOT D. For Alana and Andrew, who are working with the Cathedrals we will visit, and making sure that we will arrive and know what to do. For Coby, the Director of Fun. I can already see some really exciting extra-curricular activities. Bags not walking up the 702 stairs of the Eiffel Tower. I will make virtue out of inclination, and take the kids up in the lift (note to little and not so little kids, please request to go in the lift!) For Penny, the McPharlins, Terri, James, Alison, Colin and any others on the committee that I may have forgotten, for making sure that I only have to think about getting robes and music and myself there, confident in the knowledge that I will be well fed, well dressed, well travelled and well informed. For Keith Stephens, our Music Foundation Chair and his lovely wife Sarah, who are spending their holidays following us on our tour. You are both brave and loyal. For the families who are entrusting their beloved young ones to us, especially the families of Brianna, Kate, Imogen, Peter, Jola, John, David and Josh. We will take care of them. If you want to know what they are up to, please check this blog. I will make sure that these kids'activities are well documented in this blog, so you can be a part of this life-changing experience along with them. For my friends who will travel with me, and for the parents and families who will be travelling us. Please note - I respond to both bribes and wine. For my family and friends, who love me unconditionally, all the time, even when I am difficult. For Rev'd Jenny (and her consort Nick). We value your physical and spiritual presence with us. For the Cathedral Community and the Cathedral staff, and the Music Foundation, who are supporting us financially and in prayer. We need both. So, whether it is 55, fifty-five or LV days to go, IT'S NOT LONG NOW! Pray for us, send us messages of love or just think of us. Know that we value all of the above. Cxxx

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Big One, St Paul’s

  Dear Reader Today was the Big Event of tour. St Paul’s Cathedral, London. If you are observant, you will notice my absence from the photo above, along with several of my colleagues. Sadly, this happened.  After nearly four years and six vaccinations I finally succumbed to the dreaded Covid. At the worst possible time. My multiple vax status has meant I only feel a bit rotten, like a cold, but I do feel sad to have missed the day. And to miss Windsor tomorrow. I was grateful for the considered medical advice provided by Dr Ritesh, father of one of the trebles, who also updated my supply of paracetamol and ibuprofen.  So I am relying on others for the report about this special day.  The good bits started with four of the young Lay Clerks heading to St Paul’s for singing lessons with my friend Patrick Craig, who is an Alto Lay Vicar at St Paul. In have yet to hear from Nicholas, Marco, Charlie or James, but Patrick was very complimentary about their singing. This is what he said: Such a

And now the deadline is hours away...

Dear Reader! What an amazing fortnight we have had! We have rehearsed every Saturday as well as Friday. And sung on Sundays.  We travelled to Victor Harbour to sing to a capacity congregation for Lessons and Carols. Yamba had a ball.  We have done our Christmas Rounds - Lessons and Carols, Midnight Mass and Christmas Day. Precious Lillian was privileged (and rather nervous) to bring the sweet Baby Jesus into the Cathedral at Midnight Mass. She performed her duties beautifully. Zoom in to the second picture and you can see just how wonderful she was.  And now there are bags of robes and music in my front room, ready for the 6:45am departure.  Dear Reader, Please remember us in your thoughts and/or your prayers (whatever works for you) as we prepare for this big adventure.  Off we go. Christine 💖

Safe and well in England, but…

Dear Reader Humble apologies from Gloucester, but I/we are out of words. It has been more than 48 hours since we last saw a bed.  I will provide a proper post tomorrow.  In the meantime, here is a picture or two.  Cx