Skip to main content

The Big One, St Paul’s

 Dear Reader

Today was the Big Event of tour. St Paul’s Cathedral, London.


If you are observant, you will notice my absence from the photo above, along with several of my colleagues. Sadly, this happened. 


After nearly four years and six vaccinations I finally succumbed to the dreaded Covid. At the worst possible time. My multiple vax status has meant I only feel a bit rotten, like a cold, but I do feel sad to have missed the day. And to miss Windsor tomorrow. I was grateful for the considered medical advice provided by Dr Ritesh, father of one of the trebles, who also updated my supply of paracetamol and ibuprofen. 

So I am relying on others for the report about this special day. 

The good bits started with four of the young Lay Clerks heading to St Paul’s for singing lessons with my friend Patrick Craig, who is an Alto Lay Vicar at St Paul. In have yet to hear from Nicholas, Marco, Charlie or James, but Patrick was very complimentary about their singing. This is what he said: Such a lovely gang and all singing so well. Delighted to meet them all with their easy techniques and excellent German! Huge thanks for sending them over. And huge congratulations to their regular teachers (and parents!) who are doing a fab job! Do hope they enjoy Evensong. Do hope you can make a quick recovery. Sending love and thanks. Px

They then had a tour of St Paul’s before singing the service. Canon Jenny sent me the attached, which is lovely. 


They sang Radcliffe Responses, Howells in G Canticles and Whitbourn’s The Magi’s Dream. I’m not able to tell you about the psalm or postlude at this stage. Afternote: I’m advised the Canticles were changed to Martin’s St Paul’s Buffalo.

Here is a pair of Michaels happy to be at St Paul’s.



And David’s God’s Eye view




And here was the Care Package Bella brought for me. She had already brought my breakfast and later brought lunch.


So, Dear Reader, enough for now. I will get some more photos from my colleagues to make this a more interesting post. 

Cxx






Comments

  1. Flippin' Covid!!! I guess it is always hovering in the background. I hope you can enter vicariously in to the joy and satisfaction and plain excitement that the others received from their singing at "Anglican Central" at St Paul's. And ... Sweet Chilli Rice Crackers AND a Terrys Chocolate Orange. Excellent Covid medication!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Stuart
    I am living vicariously at the moment.
    Receiving excellent care from my friends.
    Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah so sorry to hear you’re unwell Christine. Wishing you a speedy recovery and return to full activity. Enjoying these updates x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops that anonymous person is Laura Keller x

      Delete
  4. The timing 🤦🏻‍♀️, so disappointing. Hope you make a speedy recovery.
    My GP suggested ‘After dinner Mints’ (or their equivalent) as a covid aid, if you lose your sense of smell 🍃.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no.. what rotten luck! I hope you make a speedy recovery. Sending hugs and love to you all. I’m glad you are being looked after and the chocolate helps dull the pain of missing out at least a little. ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed the anonymous thing ….again! 😠

      Delete
  6. Oh you poor thing!
    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go gently Chris. What a time and place after avoiding it for so long. Hope you are back on track quickly. X Kirsty

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear Covid has finally got you Chris! Shades of our Lucy on Christmas Eve, which rather altered our plans. The Terry's orange should fix it! Always a special part of Christmas for our children and they both had one this year, in spite of their age. Much love
    Helen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And now the deadline is hours away...

Dear Reader! What an amazing fortnight we have had! We have rehearsed every Saturday as well as Friday. And sung on Sundays.  We travelled to Victor Harbour to sing to a capacity congregation for Lessons and Carols. Yamba had a ball.  We have done our Christmas Rounds - Lessons and Carols, Midnight Mass and Christmas Day. Precious Lillian was privileged (and rather nervous) to bring the sweet Baby Jesus into the Cathedral at Midnight Mass. She performed her duties beautifully. Zoom in to the second picture and you can see just how wonderful she was.  And now there are bags of robes and music in my front room, ready for the 6:45am departure.  Dear Reader, Please remember us in your thoughts and/or your prayers (whatever works for you) as we prepare for this big adventure.  Off we go. Christine 💖

Safe and well in England, but…

Dear Reader Humble apologies from Gloucester, but I/we are out of words. It has been more than 48 hours since we last saw a bed.  I will provide a proper post tomorrow.  In the meantime, here is a picture or two.  Cx