Skip to main content

Intermezzo

I've just returned from Santa Maria Maggiore with the seven cases and Alison. This is the last time that we will have to do the trip to a venue with the robe cases *sighs with desperate relief*. We were well received by the small audience (over and above the Tag Alongs, who have been very, very supportive in coming to listen to us rather than see sights/shop etc). The audience may have changed over the course of the concert, as people came and went, but there were three priests who stayed for the duration, one Fr Samuel from the USA and another who may have been English from the sound of his English and Italian introductions to us. Fr Samuel and the crew at Santa Maria were very helpful in getting us in and out of the venue with all the cases.

But I have no photos. I was just too busy. I will see if there is anyone else who can give me a couple to upload.

This afternoon we are meeting at 3pm to get robed at the hotel, then walk to the Vatican in full dress, as it is just too hard to take the cases/taxis etc into the Vatican. I think it is about at 15 minute walk so we will create quite a sight as we process there.

After the service we have our final dinner. I've tweaked my two sonnets for the competition, and handwritten them. I'm hoping that they will accept the late entry as I have been rather busy, and Ed A-C was in no fit state to receive them last night. One is called "Ode to the Crates" and retells the story of the missing music.

Better go and get ready for the Vatican. Will give your regards, Dear Reader to il Papa if I see him.

Cxxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Big One, St Paul’s

  Dear Reader Today was the Big Event of tour. St Paul’s Cathedral, London. If you are observant, you will notice my absence from the photo above, along with several of my colleagues. Sadly, this happened.  After nearly four years and six vaccinations I finally succumbed to the dreaded Covid. At the worst possible time. My multiple vax status has meant I only feel a bit rotten, like a cold, but I do feel sad to have missed the day. And to miss Windsor tomorrow. I was grateful for the considered medical advice provided by Dr Ritesh, father of one of the trebles, who also updated my supply of paracetamol and ibuprofen.  So I am relying on others for the report about this special day.  The good bits started with four of the young Lay Clerks heading to St Paul’s for singing lessons with my friend Patrick Craig, who is an Alto Lay Vicar at St Paul. In have yet to hear from Nicholas, Marco, Charlie or James, but Patrick was very complimentary about their singing. This is what he said: Such a

And now the deadline is hours away...

Dear Reader! What an amazing fortnight we have had! We have rehearsed every Saturday as well as Friday. And sung on Sundays.  We travelled to Victor Harbour to sing to a capacity congregation for Lessons and Carols. Yamba had a ball.  We have done our Christmas Rounds - Lessons and Carols, Midnight Mass and Christmas Day. Precious Lillian was privileged (and rather nervous) to bring the sweet Baby Jesus into the Cathedral at Midnight Mass. She performed her duties beautifully. Zoom in to the second picture and you can see just how wonderful she was.  And now there are bags of robes and music in my front room, ready for the 6:45am departure.  Dear Reader, Please remember us in your thoughts and/or your prayers (whatever works for you) as we prepare for this big adventure.  Off we go. Christine 💖

Safe and well in England, but…

Dear Reader Humble apologies from Gloucester, but I/we are out of words. It has been more than 48 hours since we last saw a bed.  I will provide a proper post tomorrow.  In the meantime, here is a picture or two.  Cx