Skip to main content

MO, not FOMO

 Dear Reader

I have MO, which is a bit like FOMO, but when the fear is realised. I am missing out. 

I am currently on a train to Oxford as they are trying to keep the coach COVID free. Very sensible. After nearly four days of staying in a hotel room I am now transferring to another hotel room. Different city, likely to be same decor and layout. 

Dear Reader, you will need to admire the photos of my colleagues as I have not been out to take them. 

St George’s at Windsor was a real experience for our Choir. They were treated to a private tour, saw the graves of many royals, including Henry VIII and our own dear Queen Elizabeth II. I was grateful to Bella for paying respects to the late Queen on my behalf. I still find it hard to believe she is not the monarch any more. 

At Evensong the Choir sang Radcliffe Responses, the Martin St Paul’s Buffalo Canticles and Elsley’s Be Present, O merciful God. Sorry, I don’t know what the psalm was. 

There were no photos allowed at Windsor except for the Official post Evensong set shot. I attach several examples of this. And some outside shots. Photo credits David Heah, Didi Liu, Rose Callisto and Susie Robinson.





The Choir is currently at Blenheim Palace where our youngest Tag-a-long, Tommy Hunt, is having a great time. Photo Credit: his Dad. 


David found somewhere else to play at Blenheim. Photo Credit: Stephen Morton. 



I will try to get some information from others to fill in the major gaps, like how The Witches performance went last night, missing music details and what they saw and loved in London. Here are my pictures of London. Not much to see.





Signing off before I get to Oxford. But before I do I want to thank Dr Ritesh for his medical advice, David and Jasmin for practical arrangements, Christine M for shepherding me today as I have a bit of the brain fog, so many of you for reaching out via various electronic means from all over the planet, and especially Annabel Crompton who has been my lifesaver while I have been stuck in the basement in London. My gratitude is greater than my MO.


Cxx




    


Comments

  1. Speedy recovery Chrissie 🙏🏼 ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, choir, on looking after your Covid Colleague. So sorry you're MO. The blogs about the Tour have been invaluable for us at home following your journey and your music. You'll all be home soon, and at the end of our Walkerville sojourn, we shall see you all then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a shame Chris, but I bet your heart and soul have been singing along. Enjoy the hotel views of Oxford - a remarkable city from almost any viewpoint. I love to think of all the amazing people who have walked the paths before we add ours, who have played and sung there before we add ours and the incredible discoveries and life changing creativity that this city has birthed. Stay safe and hope the brain fog lifts soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Big One, St Paul’s

  Dear Reader Today was the Big Event of tour. St Paul’s Cathedral, London. If you are observant, you will notice my absence from the photo above, along with several of my colleagues. Sadly, this happened.  After nearly four years and six vaccinations I finally succumbed to the dreaded Covid. At the worst possible time. My multiple vax status has meant I only feel a bit rotten, like a cold, but I do feel sad to have missed the day. And to miss Windsor tomorrow. I was grateful for the considered medical advice provided by Dr Ritesh, father of one of the trebles, who also updated my supply of paracetamol and ibuprofen.  So I am relying on others for the report about this special day.  The good bits started with four of the young Lay Clerks heading to St Paul’s for singing lessons with my friend Patrick Craig, who is an Alto Lay Vicar at St Paul. In have yet to hear from Nicholas, Marco, Charlie or James, but Patrick was very complimentary about their singing. This is what he said: Such a

And now the deadline is hours away...

Dear Reader! What an amazing fortnight we have had! We have rehearsed every Saturday as well as Friday. And sung on Sundays.  We travelled to Victor Harbour to sing to a capacity congregation for Lessons and Carols. Yamba had a ball.  We have done our Christmas Rounds - Lessons and Carols, Midnight Mass and Christmas Day. Precious Lillian was privileged (and rather nervous) to bring the sweet Baby Jesus into the Cathedral at Midnight Mass. She performed her duties beautifully. Zoom in to the second picture and you can see just how wonderful she was.  And now there are bags of robes and music in my front room, ready for the 6:45am departure.  Dear Reader, Please remember us in your thoughts and/or your prayers (whatever works for you) as we prepare for this big adventure.  Off we go. Christine 💖

Safe and well in England, but…

Dear Reader Humble apologies from Gloucester, but I/we are out of words. It has been more than 48 hours since we last saw a bed.  I will provide a proper post tomorrow.  In the meantime, here is a picture or two.  Cx